What is a Finance Director?
A Finance Director is a senior member of a company’s board, with responsibility for creating a solid foundation on which a business can grow. A Finance Director’s main role is:
- to provide strategic and financial guidance to the business owners to make sure that the company’s financial commitments are met; and
- to develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business
An effective Finance Director must be able to successfully communicate with the rest of the management team to be able to contribute to the company’s business objectives.
Typically only large businesses can afford to keep a full time Finance Director on their books and, as such, many smaller businesses miss out on having this valuable resource. That is where our part time, or freelance, Finance Directors come in.
Our part time Finance Directors are experienced, qualified accountants with backgrounds in both industry and large corporate business. They have the benefit of actually having ran businesses themselves, meaning they understand the challenges a business owner needs support with.
With a combined experience of more than 55 years they are well placed to help you get the results you want from your business. They are familiar with running finance functions in large and small organisations, ranging from mechanical and engineering businesses, to recruitment agencies, to holiday parks.
What are the benefits to having a part-time Finance Director
- They understand what it is like to run a business, through the good times and bad
- They have practical skill sets and are typically far more commercial than your usual accountant
- They can help support the business owner or Managing Director, becoming their trusted advisor
- They can act as a sounding board for all key decisions in the business, offering advice and challenge where necessary
- They have been involved in a number of different businesses before, so have a broad range of experience to bring to the table
- They are more cost effective than employing someone, usually working on an agreed day rate
If you would like to speak to one of our team about working with our Finance Directors, please call Stephen or Victoria on 01937 584188, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your free coffee and a chat.